Saturday, April 14, 2007

impeach bush............


Got an email today from one the many grassroots organizations I've ended up listed on and they were asking me to sign a petition asking Congress to subpoena Karl Rove. It seems like a good idea, so I'll do it but it got me thinking about how this internet organizing we've been doing is a great way for a previously underfunded and disregarded group of folks to make some noise and be heard for a change. But I realized too that it can become a mob rule type of thing after it gains some strength and is subject to real abuse similar to the way the religious crowd effected the political scene in the last 20 or so years. So lets work hard to get our government to represent us but not forget that the US Constitution is all about the individual and it doesn't matter what the majority thinks if it violates the rights of the individual. I think the biggest fight we have with the current government is to keep the Constitution intact.
Another great cause listed in this email that came in was a call for everyone to wear their politics on their sleeve on April 23 - April 28. It would be great to start a day early and do it for the Earth Fair sheduled for April 22 in Balboa Park. Lets all dress up in our favorite "impeach bush" " the worst president ever" "bush be gone" tee shirts and get with the Earth Day celebration next weekend.
Then on the 28th, celebrate Earth Day all over again with a fun filled afternoon
"Impeach on the Beach"

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4/14/2007 5:49 PM, Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

I have confess that I would feel very unsafe wearing a shirt like that in this area - lots of rednecks and Rethugs about. I am ok doing it as long as I am in a group, but a woman alone would be a sure target. Isn't that awful to live that way - afraid of people around you who support a maniac President. Well, birds of a feather.

 
At 4/14/2007 7:31 PM, Blogger Ziem said...

I signed. I even worte a message calling this administration a disgrace to democracy. I'm waiting for the FBI guys now... ah! But it was so worth it!

 
At 4/15/2007 6:24 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Mary.....rednecks in Florida? Nahhh :-)
The FBI is going to get spread mighty thin if they after all the people looking to put bushco in jail. We are the majority.

 
At 4/15/2007 6:42 PM, Blogger Blue said...

Sure, sounds like a great idea...I'll wear some kind of rebel tee on the 22nd! What the heck, maybe even have a picnic or something!

A lot of grassroots stuff going on right now...I'm boycotting the war machine this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am a
Daffodil

What Flower
Are You?