Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Waiting in line at Graingers.......

So, I'm waiting in line at Graingers yesterday for a light bulb I need for a directory board that is being made for a local library.
The line was pretty long when I arrived but I'm next and then the redneck behind me gets his turn.
Clerk:
Sorry for the wait......I'll be right back!

Redneck:
Boy have I heard that before.

Me:
Yeah, kinda like "you're check's in the mail".

Redneck:
Or, "promises" from Obama

Redneck:
Whadda ya think about that gun bill?

Me:
Gun bill? Oh, the gun license bill! Doesn't bother me. I think they should be licensed.

Redneck:
Really? You know ever since Obama was elected, it's getting harder and harder to find ammunition. There's a shortage all over the country.

Me: Well from what I understand, that's because ever since Obama was elected, there's been on run on guns and ammo and the stores are getting cleaned out! And also, our troops are using thousands of rounds for each Iraqi they kill. That would naturally put a crimp on the supplies.

Redneck:
Well, I don't think guns should be licensed. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Me:
Cars don't kill people, people kill people, but you need a license to drive a car and guns are no less deadly. Have you read the bill?

Redneck:
No.

Redneck:
I'm pretty certain , someday, somethings gonna come of this..........

Clerk:
Next!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am a
Daffodil

What Flower
Are You?