Friday, October 06, 2006

Like holding a mirror in front of a vampire......

I took my freshly updated, well traveled sign to yesterdays happening. I like to take up the point position with it so traffic headed towards the demonstration gets a good look at the numbers. Several times yesterday, I stood silently and directly in front of people with it, groups of cops, people leaving the shopping mall and Padres fans fresh from the slaughter by the Cardinals at Petco Park. I could tell that I was making them feel un-easy by the way they would look at the ground and shuffle their feet. They would see the sign and then look away like vampires with a mirror in front of them.

3 Comments:

At 10/06/2006 2:12 PM, Blogger Blue said...

You did an awesome job staying on point yesterday! We really rattled the cages of some of those Padres fans.

 
At 10/09/2006 8:04 AM, Blogger Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

How many times have you cahnged out the casualty count? Bet that gets sadder with each rewrite, eh?

Good job! Keep fighting the good fight my friend!

Peace.

 
At 10/09/2006 8:18 AM, Blogger Paul said...

The sign is less than a year old, I think I made it in March. The dollar amount and the death count is getting to be about 1/4" thick, don't know how many layers of paper that is but it is hard to keep up with the numbers. If I let it go for more than a couple of weeks it gets really out of date. It is a sad sign but much worse for the un-aware who get it placed in front of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am a
Daffodil

What Flower
Are You?