Wednesday, February 07, 2007

...............

A farmer stopped by the repair garage to have his truck fixed. They
couldn't do it while he waited, so he said he would walk home. On the
way he stopped at the hardware store and bought a bucket and a gallon of
paint. Then he went to the feed store and bought two chickens and a goose.
Now he had a problem - how to carry these purchases home. While he was
scratching his head, a little old lady approached him. She asked, "Can
you tell me how to get to 1603 Mockingbird Lane?"

The farmer replied, "Well, as a matter of fact, my farm is near that
house. I would walk you there but I can't carry all these items at the same
time."
The lady suggested, "Why don't you put th e can of paint in the
bucket...carry the bucket in one hand...put a chicken under each arm
and carry the goose in your other hand?"

"Well thank you very much," he said as he complied with her suggestion.
Then he proceeded to walk the old gal home. On the way he said, "Let's
go down this alley a short cut and we'll be there in no time."

The little old lady looked him over cautiously and said, "I'm a lonely
widow without a husband to defend me. How do I know that when we get in
the alley you won't hold me up against the wall, pull up my skirt, and have
your way with me?"

The farmer said, "Holy smokes lady! I'm carrying a bucket, a gallon of
paint, two chickens, and a goose. How in the world could I possibly
hold you up against the wall and do that?"

The old gal quickly replied, "Set the goose down, cover him with the
bucket, put the paint on top of the bucket, and I'll hold the
chickens."

5 Comments:

At 2/07/2007 9:25 PM, Blogger peter said...

dear diesel,

was her name alice?

peace, peter

 
At 2/08/2007 5:18 AM, Blogger Blue said...

Interesting little story, diesel.

Sounds a little like the democrats offering to hold the chickens while Bush screws America.

 
At 2/09/2007 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least it was consensual.

 
At 2/10/2007 6:33 AM, Blogger Paul said...

That story came by way of my dear old Aunt Catherine, just had to pass it along!

 
At 3/13/2007 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

/Users/lindabennett/Desktop/Fwd_ Biking in the buff.rtfd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am a
Daffodil

What Flower
Are You?