Sunday, September 02, 2007

This country's in deep shit!

So said the man behind the counter at DMV Friday when I went to register my truck. I was telling him about why I was there for the second day in a row and he had assumed that I made the simple mistake of forgetting to bring all of my paperwork with me, but when I explained that the testing station had failed to attribute a DMV number to my test and therefore had sent my test results to never never land, and had prompted a second test and the second trip to get registered. That was when he blurted out about the country being in deep shit. I agreed with him and he continued on about how most people are in dreamland and they won't know what hit them until it was too late. Well, I didn't ask him for an explanation. There were a couple of hundred people behind me in line and I don't believe in making small talk in those situations and I had on my HOMELAND SECURITY shirt with the picture of the Indians with rifles and the heading......Fighting Terrorism Since 1492. So I just assumed he was talking about The Bush Evil Empire!
But Irealized when I left that he could have been referring to just about anything! Maybe he's afraid of Liberals! Or maybe Gay marraige, or tree hugging environmentalists or aliens from outer space! Who knows! So many people are running around like scared sheep nowadays. They're all afraid of something, but not necessarily the SAME THING! OY! So here's the question.........
Who's your Boogieman?

5 Comments:

At 9/02/2007 4:17 PM, Blogger Ziem said...

I don't have one boogieman, I have more like a cluster. A group of people who murder, raising havoc and creating fear. A group, though small, who denies ones rights based only on their own dilusions. A cluster of insane charactors that once were the most powerful of the free world. They are still in power, our country just isn't free anymore.

 
At 9/10/2007 2:34 AM, Blogger landsker said...

Hi Paul,
We do have shit over here in Wales, but it isn`t so deep.
Same kind of shit too, oil refineries that pollute, supermarkets that strangle small businesses, and as always, arrogant politicians.
But I would agree with Ziem, it is not so much one individual, but a group, an ideology perhaps , the notion that one tiny minority can impose their will on the majority, by using armed force and murder.
Rome wasn`t built in a day, but its` empire collapsed with incredible speed, the American empire as we know it, is almost at the point of collapse, only the obedience of the military is holding it together.
The only force capable of draining away the shit is indeed the military, and I would hope that already discussions are taking place on how to remove the crazies!

 
At 9/10/2007 5:01 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Landsker....The lunatics took over the asylum here years ago and they won't give up control until it's all over. The USA is grasping for control of the worlds resources like a drowning man pulls down his savior and will not let go its grip unless kicked away and left to perish.

 
At 9/14/2007 2:37 PM, Blogger FunkyTown Fighter said...

My Boogieman sits at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave!!! Your right too
"the lunatics took over the asylum here years ago and they won't give up control until it's all over."
BASTARDS!!! Have a good weekend!

 
At 9/16/2007 7:59 PM, Blogger enigma4ever said...

you are right...I am not really scared of Osama...but this Tyrant of a govt- that is another story...fear and loathing,....keep blogging it..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am a
Daffodil

What Flower
Are You?