Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Gods love

I can't post anymore pictures of the real victims of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
I've seen enough of them and I'm sure most of you have also, but this post requires a picture so I'll leave it up to you the reader to fill in the black space with the first one that comes to your mind. If you're like me, it won't take very long. Maybe it's the one of the father holding the mangled body of his daughter in his arms or maybe the one showing the various body parts of a child neatly placed in a coffin, or any of hundreds of others.
So now that the picture is in place, consider the following words from a former Marine Colonel, now preacher.......
“We’re killing Islamic jihadists, bloodthirsty killers,” he said. “Peace is not an option. You don’t negotiate with bloodthirsty, jihadist killers.”
or this......
Ryberg said he wants Americans to understand that it’s an act of love to kill evil people who seek to kill Americans.
“If we do take their life, they will kill no more. It’s an act of love for our nation,” Ryberg said.

Well, ain't that a whole lotta love?
You can read about it here.

While we're on the subject of "Gods love", it looks like God gave a heaping helping of it to the people of
Greensburg Kansas this weekend. I bet they're feeling all warm and fuzzy over it.
Too bad help won't be coming anytime soon, seems the Kansas National Guard is too busy in Iraq to be of any use doing what they were intended to do.
Homeland Security anyone?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5/08/2007 9:51 AM, Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

I'm in the same boat with you on this one - I am so fricken worn out from all the blood and daily violence from this pre-emptive killing spree.

 
At 5/08/2007 1:44 PM, Blogger FunkyTown Fighter said...

The black box is powerful, to me black represents death & endings, so when I saw that black box I thought "lifeless" which if you look at Iraq it is Lifeless, there is death and destruction EVERYWHERE! Good Post!

 
At 5/10/2007 5:40 AM, Blogger Blue said...

“If we do take their life, they will kill no more. It’s an act of love for our nation"

oh. my. god.

i have no idea how to respond to that.

back to my regularly scheduled program of goddess worshipping and peaceful pagan rituals (no sacrifices).

 
At 5/10/2007 6:38 AM, Blogger Paul said...

I could sacrifice a bottle of tequila right about now.

 
At 5/10/2007 7:38 PM, Blogger Ziem said...

I agree Paul, it's to a point where it's making me physically ill. Why is it just us, the people with the heart on the left, that can see this? Does (what's left of) the right not care? Do they still think them the enemy? I don't get it. I have very little hope left for my fellow man.

 
At 5/11/2007 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This war has been bought and paid for by the wholly unholy warriors led by the epitome of evil inside. Any "god" that supports the killing of innocents is evil, pure and simple. So, it is the unholy who perpetrate this war, no matter who's side you are on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am a
Daffodil

What Flower
Are You?