Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Patriot harrassed by anti-American subversives......

While our children are being mutilated and dying in Iraq for the great cause of Freedom and Democracy, anti-American subversives are trying to harrass and intimidate true American patriots into submission. The following is a letter I received yesterday from a dear friend.............

Barney, my neighbor and friend came by today to pass along a message from the owners and manager of the senior mobile home park where I live. He was upset and distraught. "They are after you again," he said. I could be evicted if I don't stop my subversive activities. People are complaining and getting mad.
The litany of subversive activities are as follows:
1. Too many bumper stickers on my car, all anti war.
2. Upside down flag hanging in my driveway, (after the message on the front of my house) upsetting the flag police
3. Collecting used political signs in my drvieway (valid, they should be in my shed)
4. Painting antiwar signs in my driveway and leaving them visible while they dry
5. Putting up anti Bush signs on phone poles and other public places in the neighborhood (outside the mobile home park) WHO ME?
6. Having antiwar gatherings at my home.
7. Having a small NO WAR sign, now I have a huge PEACE sign
Now that my driveway is all shiney and uncluttered, I will begin my own photographic record. I will watch the mail for my LETTER OF WARNING about these unpatriotic acts. The neo-con owners would have no problem whatsoever if I were painting prowar signs, there is no doubt of that.

And it's 1,2,3 what are we fighting for?

3 Comments:

At 6/24/2006 10:32 PM, Blogger Demon Princess said...

Hey Paul,

Tell your friend to tell HIS friend that he should get a copy of the mobile-home-owners' rules & see if they explicitly prohibit any of the things he's doing (even if he's renting), & take it to the nearest ACLU.

Demon Princess

 
At 6/25/2006 5:44 PM, Blogger Paul said...

There is nothing in her lease restricting displays, the tenents put up patriotic displays on Memorial Day and the 4th of July and Christmas displays during the holidays. Honestly, I think they're fucking with the wrong person. She is on a mission to end the war and is well within her legal rights. The ACLU could be called into this as well as other legal resources here and if the landlord pushes it I'm sure that will happen. There likely will be more anti-war meetings there not less and there are plans for a flagpole so that a proper flag display, upside down with black streamers can be done.
It will be interesting to see if she gets a written complaint. Nothing like a paper trail to enhance one's chances in a lawsuit eh?

 
At 7/10/2006 12:36 AM, Blogger Demon Princess said...

Yes, indeedy, tell her to keep that ACLU number handy, & document every detail: how many people attend, time held (watch out for disturbing the peace charges), whether her guests' cars block other peoples' driveways or access, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am a
Daffodil

What Flower
Are You?