Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Woo Hooooooo It's a gusher!


I needed to cut and grind some steel for a project I'm working on and before I could do that I needed to replace the pulley that had fallen off the belt/disc sander machine.
Putting the pulley back on was no big deal, but I couldn't get the v-belt back on the pulley,
so I started loosening the bolts on the motor mount so I could get some slack in the belt.
That's when it happened!
The wrench slipped and I rapped my knuckles on the inside of the machine's pedestal.
The edges inside there were not deburred at the factory,
so almost as soon as I made contact with it,
the damage was done.
A lovely little gash about 1" long,
cut all the way through the layers of skin
and bleeding like a stuck pig.
Because of where the cut was,
I knew stitches would be necessary,
but I hate going to the doctor,
and getting an emergency appointment at Kaiser sucks.
Too many phone calls,
too much hassle,
and a waste of gas.
So I suggested to my wife that she stitch it up for me.
She refused at first, until I insisted I would not go to the doctor for such a ridiculous injury.
Well, so she found a sterile sutre kit in the medicine bag and stitched me up just fine!
What do you think?
She should have been a doctor.

4 Comments:

At 7/17/2008 10:16 PM, Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

I think she would have had to tie me down with steel cables.:)

 
At 7/18/2008 5:18 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Nah, it was relatively painless and I don't squirm around as much as a cat.

 
At 7/18/2008 6:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Frontier people. Yay Pat. I can not imagine Teresa doing that... but don't tell her..

Wishnevsky's Third Law. "If you don't bleed on a project, it wasn't a hard enough project."

 
At 7/18/2008 8:06 AM, Blogger Paul said...

Geez.......all I have to do is look at myself crooked and I start bleeding. Not sure why my skin has gotten so thin, getting old maybe?
It's why I don't work on cars anymore, got tired of the blood sacrifice routine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am a
Daffodil

What Flower
Are You?